|Organization||Wyoming Mental Health Professions Licensing Board|
|Address||2800 Central Ave.
Cheyenne, WY 82002
|Phone #||(307) 777-3628|
Wyoming has three levels of certification for addiction counselors
Licensed Addictions Therapist (LAT)
- Requires Master’s degree in related field including specific courses on addiction.
- 3000 hours of clinical supervision/training after receiving Master’s degree.
- 100 hours of direct supervision after completing Master’s degree
- Pass the NCAC Master Addiction Counselor (MAC) exam through NAADAC or Pass the MAC exam through the National Board of Certified Counselors (NBCC)
Certified Addiction Practitioner (CAP)
- Requires Bachelor’s degree in related field including specific courses on addiction.
- Pass the NCAC Level II exam through NAADAC or Pass the Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse Counselor (AODA) exam through IC&RC
Certified Addiction Practitioner Assistant (CAPA)
- Associate’s degree in related field including specific courses on addiction or 270 hours of addiction specific course work and/or training
- Pass the NCAC Level I exam through NAADAC
∗This list does not include all of the requirements but just a few of the major requirements for each credential. For more info please visit http://plboards.state.wy.us/mentalhealth/instrguide.aspx#Questions